Here we will provide you with some details pertaining to your custom Gallery Templates. All the need-to-know facts are found below, including steps. For further information, read the FAQ’s at the bottom of the page or submit a support ticket to our website for more help. Documentation also includes helpful information not included in this post.
Five Different Gallery Types
Don’t feel restricted by just one type of gallery. Instead, pick from the 5 pre-configured galleries. Each offering a unique lightbox effect that differs from the others leaving you with plenty of choices to choose from.
Four Different Gallery Layouts
When using the KingSize WordPress galleries, you can assign various gallery layouts. We’ve given you 4 options to choose from.
How to Create Gallery Pages
It’s quite simple, we’ll walk you step by step through the process of setting up your galleries. We promise, if you follow these steps you’ll have absolutely no difficulties. If all else fails, please watch the video tutorials in the “Documentation” folder and open “help.html“.
- Inside your WordPress dashboard, you want to “Add a New Page“. These galleries are only available on pages.
- Once you’ve selected “Add a New Page” and it has loaded, look to the right and you will see “Page Attributes” and beneath here you’ll find “Template“. The standard selection will be “Default Template” but if you view the drop-down menu it will also list all the other available “Page Templates” we’ve created for KingSize.
- You will want to select the Gallery Template of your choice. As mentioned above, you have 5 available for you to choose from. You will want to select one of the following page templates: Colorbox, PrettyPhoto, Fancybox, Galleria or SlideViewer.
- Now once you’ve selected the Gallery Template, you’ll want to scroll down a little beneath the content editor and you will see some write-panel options, each details its purpose.
- Select a Gallery / Portfolio Page Layout – Here is where you would select from 2 columns, 3 columns, 4 columns and grid layouts to be used with that specific gallery.
- Now that you have selected the Gallery Template and Layout, you will want to upload the images for your gallery. For the purpose of our buyers, we have made it so you do NOT have to insert the galleries directly into your page. Instead, what you will want to do is locate the icon at the top where it says “UPLOAD / INSERT” and click the first icon, “Add an Image“.
- Next we will want to “Choose Files to Upload” so click the “Select Files” button. This will open a new window that enables you the ability to browse your desktop for images. You can select multiple images at once by using CTRL + Left-Click. Once you have found the images you want to upload, click the “OPEN” button. This will close that browse window and you will see the images loading / crunching.
- Now click “SAVE CHANGES” and that’s it! Do NOT insert the gallery. It will be automatically inserted when published.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are my images not showing up?
There are a few reasons this could be happening, but the most commonly seen issues are one of the following things:
1. Didn’t set the folder permissions to 777.
2. Uploading images that are gigantic in size. Use more optimized image sizes. Better for timthumb.
How do I manage my images added?
You can organize your gallery images by opening the gallery page, clicking the “Add an Image” icon, select in the new window the “Gallery” tab and here you’ll find all the images added. You can drag and drop to rearrange, click “Show” beside the image to edit the image properties and etc. For more details, see the video tutorials.
I am seeing duplicate gallery images.
You’ve “inserted” the gallery. DO NOT insert the Galleries after uploading images. They’re automatically inserted when saved.
Can I create more than one gallery?
Yes. Just create a new page and follow those steps mentioned above. Title your new gallery accordingly.
How can I add text to my galleries?
Inside the content editor, type in the description and details.
Can I enable comments on individual gallery images?
Unfortunately not. However, you can enable the comments for the Gallery page itself. If you have not done so already, you will need to look to the top of your “Edit / Add Page” and you’ll see “SCREEN OPTIONS“, click this and it will toggle outward. Here you’ll see “DISCUSSIONS“, check the box beside it and beneath the write-panel you’ll see you now have the ability to enable or disable the comments.
Can I add galleries to Blog Posts?
Unfortunately the custom Gallery Templates we’ve created are only available on pages. However, you can use the Native WordPress Media Galleries and “insert” the gallery into your post. If you want to have the lightbox effect, when adding in the galleries, select the “Link to Image” option. You do not want to “Link to Attachment Image“.
For further assistance, please visit http://www.kingsizetheme.com/help.